Sunday, March 20, 2016

03-18-2016



My Friday lunch! I was actually planning to buy 饺子 (dumplings), because there's a street seller who offers them across the street from my campus, but I saw this before I reached his stand. Sometimes it is hard to get street food because I'm not exactly sure what something is or how to order, but today I saw girls getting this made for them, and decided to use the fact that they ordered in front of me to my advantage. For my high school friends, this is the tamale-like textured thing that I was talking about. Specifically, I was referring to whatever breading is under the egg. Meat and vegetables were placed inside the breading and after it was cooked, it was cut up into small pieces as pictured here. Some spice gave it a bit of a kick, but it was still really good! 
(and please ignore my mess in the background)


I know it's hard to see, but here is the cooking process in session! (I'm shy about taking direct pictures because I don't want to come off as touristy, 哈哈)


No comments:

Post a Comment