Sunday, March 20, 2016

03-13-2016




My phone is now flooded with pictures like this since I suppose I won't exactly be getting textbooks (though I didn't know that at the time). On Monday, 3/14, I talked to my teacher again to confirm that I would be getting textbooks, but this time she told me, "We're close to the end of these textbooks, so just keep borrowing them from your classmates and we'll get you the new ones."
But here's the thing - I wanted the old textbook so I could review in my own time the content that my classmates know which I might not know (considering that different textbooks group words/characters in a different order from each other). 
It didn't help that on Wednesday, 3/14, my teacher personally told me, "The best way to improve your Chinese/reading skills is to read passages from the text over and over again." Which I agree with, but what made me annoyed is that such a feat might be easier if I had the textbook! (who would have known?)
Anyways, when we do move to the new textbook, I'm going to ask the classmate that has been letting me use his if I can borrow it for an extended period of time. He seems like someone who wouldn't miss it if I kept it for a while.
</rant over>

2 comments:

  1. Keep 'rannt'ing
    It sucks about your books :(
    At least you seem to be good friends with the person lending you the book.
    Sending good (fish) vibes~~~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know! I can't tell what he thinks of me - we often have dinner together during which he is mostly quiet.
      Thanks for the fish vibes >>( < ' )
      ^ my attempt at making a fish

      Delete