Wednesday, March 9, 2016

03-09-2016




I finally have a class schedule at my disposal! Luckily, one of the Americans originally decided to take a level just above beginner, so that's how I received this (and that's why there are pencil markings).
I originally took a picture of this yesterday so I could go to these classes today, except...when I checked my phone this morning, it was blurry so I couldn't read it (go me). I was about to sit in the class I attended yesterday when I peeked around all the classrooms in the hall and found a Korean girl from my original class that I talked with about switching to a lower level. Since she told me her class was easier (she wanted an easier class as well), I decided to switch to hers.
But, not only did it still seem difficult to me, both the class and professor weren't very engaging. So I went back to the class I went to yesterday, which turns out is actually the class reflected by this schedule. 
Most of my classmates are from Kazakhstan. One boy in class from there was handing out chocolate bars from his country yesterday, and I ended up receiving one. It's pretty good! I don't want to eat it all too soon (it's decently sized, which intrigues me considering how many he gave out..)
Anyways, I won't be taking all of the classes on here because one in particular, the HSK class, is above my level (I actually never went to it, but I definitely do not know 1,000+ words). Additionally, taking everything else with my non-language courses would be 24 credits, which I'm assuming is not allowed even with study abroad (since the credit ratio between the USA and China is the same, as far as I know). I'll probably only take one of the 6 credit ones, so either Comprehensive or Listening, depending on which one I like better. Luckily, I'll have a chance to experience both of them before the end of the week, which is when our courses need to be finalized (though of course we haven't been told anything official about that except for when we first started classes a week ago).
Hopefully, all this figuring out classes madness will end soon, and I'll get into the swing of things. I also need my textbooks. I keep forgetting about that. I WILL GO INQUIRE ABOUT THAT TOMORROW SINCE I ONLY HAVE ONE CLASS, I PROMISE.
(maybe that caps lock will help me remember)

No comments:

Post a Comment