Monday, April 18, 2016

04-15-2016



I went out to a bar with other international students today to celebrate someone's birthday! His name is Petteri and he's from Finland. Someone created a group chat so we could coordinate the details of the surprise party. I suggested that we should all sign a card for him because I personally like cards and they are nice. Thus, I was placed in charge of that which I didn't mind, especially because I used one of the cards my mom sent me. The girl that made this whole event happen has apparently studied abroad in Finland before (she's from Brazil), so she told me how to say 'Happy Birthday' and 'Congratulations' in Finnish, which I included in the card and on the envelope.
I was (and still am) stupidly proud of my contribution, especially when I saw the card itself filled with signatures. It made me really happy, and I'm glad that he'll have something to remember his birthday in China by. 
The first picture is of after I signed the card (I didn't want to make the 'Happy birthday' portion too large because I wasn't sure how many people were going to sign).


And this is the birthday boy reading his card! He also received a trendy crown that apparently came with the cake order.

No comments:

Post a Comment