Tuesday, September 10, 2019

09-08-2019


Poll: is this a beetle or a roach? Or neither?
Story: went to sleep rather early yesterday for a Saturday (before 11pm), and when my roommate woke up today she told me she didn't sleep well because she killed upwards of 15 of these bugs last night. I thought they were beetles and didn't understand the big deal but my roommate thinks they are roaches.We haven't had them before, they just all of a sudden started appearing last night. 
And it's funny because most of them have been near her and her stuff. She's had a few on her bed which makes her uneasy but I haven't had any buggie friends in mine...not sure whether I'm grateful or jealous.

Turns out that other people in our dorm have them in their rooms as well. One student told us that these bugs live on the trees nearby and have started to migrate (although she said from south to north?? I'm not sure about that..).


Roomie and I ate lunch at this nearby restaurant called something along the lines of David['s?] Curry House. We have ordered takeout from here before, and we call the restaurant 'David' for short. She has a little trouble with the name David, I think because it has a 'V' in it since most people (Chinese and foreigners) have trouble with my English name (except for the ones who have a Valeria equivalent in their language, then they usually just call me that).
Back to the picture, no, my roommate and I did not order the mashrooms with rice. Another dish on a different page had the word mushrooms spelled correctly. Sometimes I think it would be fun to have a job editing menus and signs for mistakes like this.

1 comment: