Saturday, August 31, 2019

08-30-2019

In Beijing!
I figured I would take a train from Beijing to Hohhot, but most of the tickets left were hard seats, and some contacts recommended not buying a hard seat ticket for a long ride (shout out to Xin and her peeps). 

And my mom didn't like my plan of a lack of a plan, so she reached out to a friend who contacted a friend in Beijing. He picked me up from the airport and helped me book a hotel room near his apartment. He (or someone else?) also bought a plane ticket to Hohhot for me, and he is going to drop me off at the airport tomorrow morning.

So this hotel was SUPER nice...and if this looks mediocre then let me say that this is really nice for China.



















The friend also invited me to dinner with him and his family. They were celebrating his sister in law's birthday, and there was a LOT of food. Also the restaurant was nice - I wouldn't say it was SUPER fancy, but it definitely was not just a normal sit down restaurant.



2 comments:

  1. It looks like a nice room! Was it gated?
    Wow that looks like a lot of food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole hotel was gated. I planned to arrange the pictures so that that one showed up first (because I feel like it makes more sense that way, you know going from outermost to innermost pictures) but I was too lazy.

    ReplyDelete